Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Traditions

We have many traditions during the holidays that we enjoy.

#1 Decorating the Christmas Tree
and talking about each ornament as it is put on the tree...



#2 Baking
Here are some Russian Tea Cookies that I baked today for a cookie exchange I went to tonight. I have another exchange to go to on Sunday so I need to come up with a recipe. Maybe peppermint bark? I LOVE cookie exchanges and coming home with all kinds of yummy treats!

#3 Time Spent with friends
About 20 of us girls got together last night at Gino's for an earring exchange. We had such a great time! How can you top great food and fabulous ladies!!!


Our annual Christmas Bunco at Judy's house! Again...lots of laughter and great food!

#4 Tree Lightings
Enjoying hot cocoa at the Meridian Christmas tree lighting

#5 Parades
Watching the Meridian Christmas parade

Those are a few of our favorite things this time of year. And that was only THIS week....we have lots more planned in the upcoming weeks!

1 comment:

Pemberley Court said...

OK Kym, I have the best peppermint shortbread recipe.....iced and topped with minced candy canes. They were a huge hit at our last cookie exchange. I'll email that one or post it on my blog. I am going to an exchange tomorrow and I am making white chocolate cherry shortbread cookies. They are to die for! Love all your traditions!!!

Bike ride on the Boise Green Belt

Bike ride on the Boise Green Belt

Never know what wildlife you might see on the river

Tanner...cooling off after a long ride

Chase enjoying the Boise River

Troy and the boys.....

Tanner riding along the Green Belt

Little League Giants Chase Lind #13

Little League   Giants  Chase Lind #13

Chase

Little League White Sox Tanner Lind #4

Little League  White Sox  Tanner Lind #4