Monday, December 15, 2008

A lesson for us all...

I got my weekly newsletter from Hannah Keeley today and this is what she had to say...
Thanks Hannah for the reminder!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I was out shopping and the cashier in my checkout line was evidently a bit on the grouchy side. She was complaining to her co-worker that she was tired, she hadn't had a break, and she wanted to go home. When I finally made it to the front of the line, I asked her, "Are you tired, honey?"She looked at me and said, "Like you would not believe!"I reached over to the cooler and said, "Let me get you something to drink, my treat." She was totally shocked; and it was beautiful to watch her demeanor completely change. She went from cranky and bothered, to renewed and inspired. And it wasn't the diet soda that did it. It was the refreshment of the unexpected.God loves the unexpected and that always seems to be where He shows up. You were not given this life to coast through it, taking the path of least resistance. Trust me, that's not going to lead you anyplace. The world expects you to conform, to fit in. But you're more than that. You were meant to live boldly. You were meant to go places. And you get there by doing the unexpected. Do you want life to be exciting? Do you want abundance? Then follow your gut. When you do the unexpected, then you open doors in your life for miracles to happen - to you and to everyone your life affects, which, I guarantee, is far more than you could imagine. Every life touches hundreds, thousands of other lives. And no good deed or act of kindness just sits lifeless. So be outrageous. Tip a waiter a huge amount. Give your coat to someone who's shivering in the cold. Take the kids on a nighttime picnic to gaze at the stars. Hug a stranger. There are opportunities all around you to bring light to a dark and lonely world. Seize those opportunities. Do the unexpected even when it leaves your palms sweaty and your mouth dry. Live boldly and watch miracles unfold right before your eyes.

2 comments:

Pemberley Court said...

I loved this too! I think the hugging a stranger might be the hardest part for me which means that God will probably put some strange person in my path in the near future that I will need/have to hug! That is the way He works!

Devoted said...

ahhh...truly a reminder of what this 'season' is all about. Merry CHRISTmas and the pictures of the boys are fantastic! We haven't had snow yet...still might not have any...in Arkansas it is a bit iffy. But, we did have sleet today and its supposed to last through the night. Blessings to you...keep warm!

Bike ride on the Boise Green Belt

Bike ride on the Boise Green Belt

Never know what wildlife you might see on the river

Tanner...cooling off after a long ride

Chase enjoying the Boise River

Troy and the boys.....

Tanner riding along the Green Belt

Little League Giants Chase Lind #13

Little League   Giants  Chase Lind #13

Chase

Little League White Sox Tanner Lind #4

Little League  White Sox  Tanner Lind #4